Monday, August 4, 2014

Banff Adventure Part 1: Moraine & Consolation Lakes


 Hike Information: See pictures. 






Access: Take Trans Can and take the Lake Louise Dr. Then a left onto Moraine Lake Rd. Get there early because when it is busy they close off the road. 

Experience:
I have been to Moraine lake before and the water was pretty as usual. We walked around and took a few pictures, then we started our hike up to Consolation Lakes. It was nothing to difficult and it helped that I had such wonderful company to keep my mind distracted. On the way up I found myself telling the Sister Missionaries and Delphine about the difference between spruce, pine, and larch trees. I also told them the name of some of the wild flowers. It was interesting because my dad is usually the one who does that and now I'm doing it! Crazy! We made up to the lake in good time and we had fun jumping over all the rocks on the lake. We took many great photos! It was so much fun! We left fast though because we wanted to fit in the next part of our adventure! 
Moraine Lake

Group Photo

The Sisters


You know you are going the right way when you see all of this.

Purple Daises 

Fireweed

Consolation Lake


ME


Sister Nelson in the mermaid pose.

Sister Maynes

Sister Clegg

Delphine and Sister Clegg



No comments:

Post a Comment